12.15.2008

O, Christmas Tree



For some reason, I really don't get into picking out/decorating a christmas tree. It's just been the last several years, not my whole life or anything. Last year, I talked Sean into an ugly White Pine tree (the ones that look like cousin IT), and I think I did that just to get myself in the mood for it, something to make it fun. This year started about the same, until....I saw this idea in 'Body and Soul' magazine (Dec 2008) to make your own ornaments, eco-friendly & cheap. We sliced oranges and dried them and I pulled out some old potpourri that I had and we went on a nature walk through our yard. We cranked up the hot glue gun and Sean, Skylar and I had a very fun evening. We all donned our creative hats and saw potential in every piece. Below are some of the ornaments we made. Sean came up with the angel idea, you'll see the pine cone Sky decorated and I made the garland out of those 'gumballs' i think they're called. We found a ton of those outside. Hope you enjoy our tree, I have to say it's the first year I've really liked our tree, I love to look at it! I think b/c it's in my 'taste' and making the ornaments meant a lot. What do you think?





4 comments:

  1. Love it!! You rock, my friend. You and all your eco-friendliness! I don't know if we will see each other before Christmas... so have a very Merry one. I love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it need to be in a magazine!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I didn't see it until today! I love the angel and the flower. Did the oranges still smell good after drying them???

    ReplyDelete