(pictures are borrowed)
Assemble rolls and read the story:
1. Read John 19 while the oven is pre-heating according to the package directions.
2. Unroll the crescent rolls.
This is like the cloth they wrapped Jesus in.
3. Give your child a marshmallow.
This represents Jesus… all white and pure because He was without sin.
4. Roll the marshmallows in the melted butter.
This symbolizes the embalming oils.
5. Roll the marshmallows in the cinnamon sugar.
This represents the spices used to anoint the body.
6. Wrap the marshmallow in the crescent roll cloth, pinching the dough together securely.
This represents how they would have wrapped Jesus’ body.
7. Put the rolls in the oven (symbolizing the tomb and pretend like it was three days) and bake for the amount of time specified on the package.
8. While the rolls are baking, read John 20:1-18.
9. Open the tomb and remove the rolls. When they’re cool enough to handle, break one open and discover what happened to the marshmallow.
Jesus is risen! Jesus is coming again!