2.02.2010

WOW oh WOW! I know I haven't blogged in a while and there's a good reason......I was knocked out sick, in the bed for 10 straight days! 2 rounds of antibiotics, 1 round of steroids and I've finally come out of it. As soon as I did, it snowed/iced and my youngest got sick, then school is out for 2 days. URGH.
It's amazing what I take for granted. As I lay in the bed, not able to anything other than that, all I wanted to do was just get up and feel like emptying the dishwasher or folding a load of laundry. I just wanted energy enough to do a menial task. All other days I would pay someone to do those things. I do not like "not being able". My awesome husband stepped in and kept everything afloat while working and 'gramma' was a big help as well with the kids. It was a humbling experience for me. I never want to see my house that dirty and in disarray again.
I also had to cling to the things that make me laugh and soothe my soul.
This show makes me laugh - out loud.
The Big Bang Theory Show:
CBS Mondays 9:30pm
Something that soothes my soul: MUSIC
especially the Avett Brothers - I spent times looking up their videos and behind the scenes on YouTube.com
Man, you can waste some time on youtube, but boy there is some REALLY good stuff out there.
Like This Here they play a mini "desk concert" for NPR. I highly recommend this as 15 minutes of your day.
They got a couple of their albums (MP3) on Amazon.com - nice steal.

I just finished up my annual photo book. Every year since 2004, I've put together a soft cover photo book in iPhoto and send it off to get printed up. They really have become a treasure. I put on the front page significant events that we did that year, most of them consist of concerts we went to, but I love having that documented. Then, chronologically, I go through the year and put together pages of things like, b•day parties, trips, impromptu photo sessions of the kids, xmas etc.
Sneak Peek at this year's:
Okay, enough for now. I hope all you cling to what makes you happy on cabin fever days. By the way, what is it that makes you happy when you can't get out?
-joy

2 comments:

  1. I love what you do with the photo books. I should do that. I think I will.

    When I am stuck inside:

    I would love to be stuck inside with my two grandgirls. But, if I can't, I love to Blog and decorate my house in my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're finally out of this tough "stuck/sick" time!

    Have to say, I LOVE your annual family photo book - I'm stealing the idea. Working on a book tonight and committing to documenting this years significants. Thanks for the inspiration and motivation!

    ReplyDelete